Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 2, 53k

This weeks running has been good. I have continued to use the Saucony Shadows instead of the NB 993s, I guess I will try to see if the pronation thing is an insole or something that I can rip out, I would have to waste the shoes after I just bought them (for 150!). Also, this week my ankle has been bothering me a bit. Last week on the long run I was on a very narrow shoulder, a car was passing so I moved over and wasnt watching carefully and hit the lip of the pavement, twisting my ankle slightly. It smarted then, but I walked it off and it was fine. Then Monday I was in the john and in japan johns are pretty tight, so I was making a turn and my ankle had some pain again, I think from the twist on sunday. So tuesday I did no running, but went to aikido, lots of twisting about, falling down, etc. But my ankle was fine. Wed I ran a 10k and did leg work at the gym, thursday I did 10, and friday I did 10 hill running. That hill running was awesome, just finished at dark and was running through really pretty colors with the sunset it was really cool. However, Thursday when I was at elementary school i was playing soccer with some kids, aware of my ankle, and still accidentally gave it a little tweak, nothing big, just hurt for 1 sec, but now my ankle feels funny, not painful, just funny, like I cant really rotate it the 360 without feeling kind of wrong. So, needless to say I am a bit concerned. I feel ok, running my ankle doesnt hurt and generally it feels fine, but of course I dont want to screw it up. Monday I did the 23k. Everything was good, had some Aquarius and a mikan about 45 minutes before, about 10oz of Aquarius and a Weider Energy Gel after the first 10k and a ...hm, what was it called Dakara? after the next 8 or so. Everything worked well. The gel gave me a little burping and gas, but just a little and it seems to have worked well as this week I did not struggle with the last 2k or so. I still have energy now. I also at a big plate of beef spaghetti after the run and did not nap for 2 hours like last week, so a bit of a change. Also, no pain this week, a little fatigue in my left hip while running, but no pain now, feeling good. Oh, last thing, the 23k was in 2hr 20 minutes, which isn't such a bad time. Maybe I will get to 4hr 30 after all.

So, in total, this week, 53k. Not too bad, I also had time to get in an upper and lower body workout and go to aikido once. Not too shabby, although I did go over one day and did my long run monday instead of sunday, but my days were changed at work, so that is that. anyways, good week. Looking forward to another good one to come. Oh, one more thing, I was trying to find out what the official drink is for the Tokyo 2010 marathon. My wife found it for me, here is a link. http://www.otsuka.co.jp/a-v/

No comments:

Post a Comment