Monday, November 9, 2009

Week 3; 18k

Nope, not a typo, 18k was all I did this "week" now, technically from Monday to Sunday I actually did 36, but 23 of that belonged to Monday which I had promised was going in the week before. In any case, details, the big picture is that the number of TOF was down this week. Here is the reason why.
My achilles, ever since my first over 20k run, has been feeling a bit weird. It doesn't hurt, but sometimes if I have been sitting for a while, or getting out of bed, basically when I am "cold" it gets this weird kind of clicky feeling if I move around too fast. Once it gets warmed up pretty good. But was worried about it, so I decided to take some time off of it.
The result of that is a couple of noticeable things. First, my achilles feels better. There is still the smallest of feelings that there is something not quite the same with the left leg as the right, but no pain and no clicking. So for now that gets a thumbs up.
I also am highly suspect what an easy week has done to me otherwise. I basically feel like crap. My body just feels weak and tight. This could be because I didn't run much, or because I drank more beer because I wasn't running as much and had more free time, or a combo of the two. Anyway it shakes out I am resolved to get back on my feet this coming week.
One final thing to note about this week is that I put on the 993s again. First I put them on for a 3k couples run that Aya did on Tuesday. We got 18 minutes something, which was nice, she did well. After the race I did feel a bit of the same old pressure on the left knee, pain in the left hip, but for whatever reason was not convinced, so Friday I did another 5k after school with them on and that was that. More pain = ditch the shoes. I am sorry to say that the 993s are out for me, stupid pronation crap. Dang. Saturday I did a 10k in the Saucony Shadows again and that felt ok, but that is also when I noticed the "I feel like crap" coming over me. So the run was less than thrilling. Here I am on Monday night, after another 12 in the Shadows and ... well, that will have to wait for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment