Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 7

Last week on Friday I had done some ladder with my kiddos. I ended up doing two sets of 50, 100, 150, 200, 150, 100, 50 with rests of 200 in between. Well it killed me. Even as practice ended I knew I was going to be sore because my legs were jello. I just don't sprint, so it was tough. I got in my 14k the next day because I knew my legs were going to be raging on Sunday. They were.
Since then Middle School track has ended. We had our meet last Saturday and a couple of kids got medals, but as a school we got crushed. The middle school team is just too small, 8 kids, vs the other schools which bring 12-20. So we ended on a low note, but I bet I will see some of them next year in CC and Track. Now my days are free after school which feels really weird to me.
I had really sore stiff hams all week basically which really did not encourage running. I tried twice, once on Wednesday and then again on Saturday. Wednesday I got 5k in, but oh it hurt. Saturday I did 3k and could still feel the pain so I gave it up. By Monday I was feeling ok so I put in for my 14k of intervals. It was tough, but I am finally getting some feeling back in my hams. It makes me realize that I need to do at least a touch of spring/strider work. This week, 5k easy, 3k easy, 14k interval, 2 upper body, 2 lower body. total 22k.

No comments:

Post a Comment